Who We Are
The NFB of Maine is the state affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind based in Baltimore, Maryland
The purpose of the National Federation of the Blind of Maine shall be
- to advance the general welfare of the blind of Maine and the nation;
- to function as an integral part of the National Federation of the Blind;
- to serve as a vehicle for collective action by the blind of Maine;
- to operate as a mechanism through which the blind and interested sighted persons can come together in local chapters and state meetings to plan and carry out programs to improve the quality of life of the blind;
- to provide a means of collective action for parents of blind children;
- to forward the interests of blind students and provide them with a means of joint action and expression;
- to promote the vocational, cultural, and social advancement of the blind;
- to achieve the integration of the blind into society on a basis of equality with the sighted;
- and to take any other action which will improve the overall condition and standard of living of the blind.
Help us accomplish our mission by donating to our cause. Your gift can be used as a tax credit, for we are a current 501(c)3 non-profit organization. The PayPal button provided below is a safe and easy method for making your monetary contribution. Thank you.